Baby or Bust
I really value and appreciate all women that speak about infertility. You sometimes feel like you can't tell anyone what is going on or maybe no one outside your immediate family and I find that upsetting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at work telling people about what all my doctor's appointments are and I'm not telling all of my friends, it's just a difficult thing to bring up. Yet I still find it upsetting that women and men can't be more open about it.  Look at all the people in the waiting room of your doctor's office and look at all the women lined up on gurneys for egg retrieval, more and more people are having trouble conceiving.  So why do I always feel like I have to keep it in?

I'm going to go Hollywood here for a minute, but I love how Giuliana Rancic has come out and shared (really shared) her and her husbands difficulties getting pregnant.  She talks so openly about her situation and I'm so thankful for that.  I definitely watch their show on Style and will admit that I watch because they are going through what I'm going through. I find peace in knowing that I'm not the only one (I can sometimes feel like that) and I really treasure what they have to say.  It's nice to see them use the platform they have and do that to help others.

The past couple of days I've been taking it easy and enjoying every minute with Matt, I've been in this kind of worry free stage.  On Friday we have another doctor's appointment to go over instructions for cycle #2. I'm trying to stay positive here and I'm really ready to try again, mentally and definitely physically. I'm back in the gym and back to being social and I'm so grateful for that. Oh and my arms are finally not black, blue and yellow anymore - I think that's a good sign - must mean my veins are also ready for cycle #2.
2 Responses
  1. Michelle Says:

    I need to get caught up on Guilana and Bill! I haven't watched in a while. Good luck on cycle #2!!! Hope it's your lucky cycle!


  2. Tessa Says:

    Sending lots of positive thoughts and wishes your way that cycle #2 is YOUR cycle. And thank you for sharing your story. I couldn't agree more that it's far more common than most people realize. I am praying that your journey ends very soon and you get the one thing in life that most take for granted. Lots of love being sent your way over the next month!!


Post a Comment