Baby or Bust
I was optimistic about all the testing you have to do first to determine what might be the cause of not being able to conceive.  The lab/blood work was easy and proved that everything was in working order.  My husband "deposited" his specimen and and that came back alright.  I then had to have the HSG test, which I wasn't prepared for at all.  What the doctors describe as a little cramping pain is a bunch of bull.  I was caught off guard with a jointing pain during the test, a pain that woke me up and made me realize that this was serious.  While that test came back "all clear," I was beginning to realize that they all were coming back that way. 

Having finally survived through all the testing, the reason was still up in the air.  The anxiety of the next appointment was overwhelming, we were going in to see what the doctor thinks about our situation.  After about 15 minutes of the doctor reciting the test results and her thoughts, she gave us a diagnosis and a term that to this day I can't get out of my head.  Unexplained Infertility. 

Being told a doctor doesn't know what is wrong with you is quite possibly the most frustrating thing.  Immediately following the fact that we've been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, we were faced with two choices, do a clomid and IUI cycle or go straight to IVF.  All I heard in my head is - we don't know what's wrong, next stop medical intervention.  The little piece of hope that had always been inside my heart had just crumbled. Growing up I always pictured meeting the "one," falling in love, getting married and then having a baby. At no point did I ever think that trying to have a baby was going to be do difficult.  I keep thinking that I'm the only one out there that has this diagnosis or is having this problem.  I wondered if maybe we didn't follow charting enough, maybe we just didn't get the timing right and maybe next month will be different.  I was holding out hope, but I was also ready to look into something different - clomid and IUI here we come.
0 Responses

Post a Comment