Baby or Bust
It wasn’t until I was thirty when my perspective seemed to change about life. Yes, you have the crisis of “oh my god, I’m leaving my twenties and moving to oldville,” but that wasn’t what drove my perspective. I had become more self-aware of myself, asking the deep questions of “what am I doing with myself?” “how can I make me better?” This all didn’t happen overnight, but it was a battle for two years that had finally woke me up and made me think differently about life, my relationships and most importantly myself. 
In 2009, my husband and I started the next chapter in our lives - kids - and toasted that next chapter with a glass of wine and smiles on our faces.  What you hope would be just a few months of fun sex and hoping to not get your period for the first time in your life, turned into months of "what is going on with us?" All the doctors say you can't see them until you've been trying for a year and that year seemed to drag and was trying on our relationship.  The one thing we both wanted so much, wasn't coming easy. 

At the time it seems like everyone you know is announcing they are pregnant, like they must have just looked at each other and bam - prego! As each month goes by and your period seems to keep coming, the excitement of it all seems to fade.  But what I didn't realize was that that was just the beginning.
0 Responses

Post a Comment